Work Year: School Year
Employee Type: Part Time
Salary: Tier 1: $155 per full day, $77.50 half day; TRUSD retiree $185 ($30 per hour non-student)
Substitutes are ‘on-call’ employees serving on a day-to-day basis. Be advised that absences are unpredictable; therefore assignment offers are not guaranteed.
Under general supervision of administrator and registered nurse, responsible for assisting a school nurse in providing health care services for students and maintaining health data and records.
Applicant Must Be Able To:
1. Recognize the first aid and health needs of students to make decisions as to appropriate solutions.
2. Establish priorities and respond appropriately in emergency situations.
3. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.
4. Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
5. Communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
6. Apply policies and procedures related to the assigned duties and responsibilities of the position.
7. Independently recognize the health/welfare needs of students.
8. Understand and relate to children with special needs.
9. Learn and apply appropriate medical methods and procedures with clearly defined guidelines.
10. Make judgments and decisions, perform a variety of duties involving frequent changes of tasks, aptitudes, techniques, procedures, etc.
11. Correct use of medical equipment used in the clinic/health office.
12. Administer first-aid and CPR.
13. Operate equipment in a proper and safe manner.
14. Maintain routine records.
15. Work independently with little direction.
16. Work with discretion and in confidence with student information.
17. Perform effectively under stress.
One year of paid experience in health related activities is required. Experience in an
educational organization is preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding and/or Testing Required
- School Nurse Services Credential
- Other (California Registered Nurse License)
- School Nurse experience preferred.
All of the following documents are required for this position:
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- Driver's License Copy
- Letter of Introduction
- Letter(s) of Recommendation (3 Required)
- Other (current Calif. Auto Insurance)
Twin Rivers Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the school site principal, and/or Chief Human Resources Official of Human Resources/Labor Relations (CCR Title 5 and Title IX Officer), Gina Carreon, at 916-566-1600 ext. 32104. A copy of TRUSD uniform complaint or TRUSD non-discrimination policy are available upon request.